Friday, January 21, 2011

Pasta with Cream Sauce

Came home the other day and Dad was in the mood for pasta, so I modified a recipe to come up with this cream sauce.  I think you could get away with half the butter, or with olive oil instead of butter, but I haven't tried it, so I'll go ahead and put the original 6 tablespoons (YIKES!) in the recipe!

6 tablespoons butter (see note above)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (in a carton--not in a can)
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Roasted peppers from previous recipe, diced
Cornstarch, to thicken

Melt the butter in a saucepan, toss in the minced garlic, and cook for two minute, until golden.  Add the coconut milk and simmer a couple minutes.  Coconut milk doesn't seem to thicken as it cooks like milk does--in fact, it gets thinner as it gets hot--so remove a small amount of hot liquid and mix some cornstarch in.  Gradually whisk cornstarch into the sauce until it is the consistency you want.  Add some grated parmesan cheese, if desired.

Serve over pasta of choice with  diced roasted bell peppers sprinkled over the top. 

Yum!  by Mamalucci

No comments:

Post a Comment